一、反身代詞有myself， ourselves， yourselves， himself， herself， themselves， itself.主語與賓語為同一人或物時，要用反身代詞(否則就不能用反身代詞)，反身代詞也可放在名詞或代詞(主格)后面(也可放在句尾)起強調作用
1) All [A] the scouts(童子軍) got theirselves [B] ready for the [C] long camping trip by spending their weekends living [D] in the open.
2) Various [A] animals have shells that keep themselves [B] from growing beyond [C] a certain [D] size.
3) Benjamin Banneker’s aptitude [A] in mathematics [B] knowledge of astronomy enabled himself [C] to predict the solar [D] eclipse of 1789.
4) The president announced that he himself [A] would act upon [B] the evidence as presented [C] to himself [D] by the congressional committee.
5) Garrett [A] Morgan died in Cleveland， Ohio， the city that [A] had awarded himself [B] a gold medal for his devotion [C] to public [D] safety.
6) Plants rid them [A] of excess water through [B] transpiration， the evaporation of extra [C] moisture from their [D] leaves.
7) When Jonathan went [A] to Spain with his [B] sister， he bought a [C] leather coat for her another for him [D] .
1) B錯。 改為themselves.
3) C錯。本句的主語為aptitude，而非Benjamin Banneker(在這里它作aptitude的定語)，而C處的代詞卻指上文提到的人名“Benjamin Banneker”，由于主語與賓語并非指同一人，故不能用反身代詞，應改用賓格him.
4) D錯。 改為to him.動詞“presented”的(邏輯)主語是“evidence”，而不是A處的“he，”所以D“himself”處與C處“presented”的主語“evidence”不一致，所以不能用反身代詞。
5) B錯。 改為him.同上。
7) D錯。 改為for himself.